Thursday, February 05, 2009

Taking Cues

In July of 2008 I spent 2 unbelievably comfortable weeks in Oahu, Hawaii. I was with my family in a house we rented on the North Shore, and in the 14 days we were residents we learned to live the lifestyle. There were a few days of tourist activity at the start - Pearl Harbor, the flea market, surf lessons, etc - but then remarkably, we just did nothing. It was as if we really were from there. One night, my brother and I even drove into the city to catch a Vampire Weekend show with the locals. All in all, great experience. If you've ever got the chance to live in Hawaii, I'm sure I don't have to tell you to take it.

Anyways, the point here is that I took a cue from my great friend, Anton, and filmed as much as I could while I was there. Unfortunately, when you assimilate to the island life, you don't want to pick up the camera and film. I tried though, and here is the minute-long intro to the whole affair. Now I know what Anton is talking about when he refers to the difficulty in getting projects done. Here we are, nearly 6 and a half months later and this is finally done. I'm not even thinking about when the actual content will be done with. Let's not. Let's just enjoy this for a little bit...



I don't know that much about the export/sharing process
so this could probably be clearer and work better.

No comments: