Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Le Sigh...

Aint It Cool News just posted a story about a REMAKE OF LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, an amazing little Scandinavian film about coming of age and vampyrism that is vastly superior in my opinion, even without seeing or reading, any Twilight related nonsense. There's now a poster for the film, and it looks like Matt Reeves (dir. Cloverfield) is working in the right direction, but I've seen a shitload of terrible films that had awesome posters. So yeah. Probably a bad idea to remake this one.

The story

3 comments:

Anton Seim said...

Why can Americans not handle subtitles?? It is ludicrous to remake a movie that just came out a year or two ago. That is my opinion. But then again, I haven't seen the movie yet either. I'm getting pretty burned out on the teen vampire thing though, I gotta tell you.

kyle said...

I KNOW, I'm burned out too, and Let The Right One In is the only one I've seen. Granted, they're really just kids in it, and by the looks of the poster they look to be keeping the age roughly the same, thank goodness.

Sometimes I really dislike the American viewing audience.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'll have to agree with both of you... even though no one asked me :) hahahah

i haven't seen this yet (the original, i mean) but i've read really good things. why do we feel the need to recreate a good (often a great!) thing?

it's annoying.