Monday, November 12, 2007

Music Monday #1

I feel like I'd like to start a sort of "Music Day" here on the ol' blog, and what better day to do that on than Monday, right? Basically what'll happen is every Monday (hopefully) I'll throw up a link to a playlist of about 5 or 6 songs I'd like to share with you. It'll only be available for the week it's been posted during and you can enjoy it for as long as you like if you feel so inclined to download it. Don't worry, I won't send you a virus, I'm clean.

Monday Playlist 101 is...

1. Brazos - Feeding Frenzy -- This is probably my favorite band in Austin right now, and I am waiting for something big to happen with them. Off their first EP, Feeding Frenzy.

2. Alamo Race Track - Happy Accidents -- A Dutch band I recently spent a summer becoming infatuated with. I wrote a review of their newest album Black Cat John Brown for The Tripwire. This is off their first LP, Birds At Home.

3. Antelope - Flower -- Okay, not trying to make this a plugging session but, I also reviewed this album, Reflector. Antelope is a band out of DC I've loved since I found their debut self-titled EP in the dumpster bin at my college radio station. They're repeatedly cited as one of the main influences of my band, Plaid Saturdays (more to come on that much later).

4. Ferraby Lionheart - Under the Texas Sky -- This man has made a near perfect album on his DEBUT! Find another review by me (sorry) here about Catch The Brass Ring. Way too good for a debut album.

5. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Night-Time Intermission -- Anton and I have spent some serious time talking about how much we are in love with Ms. Gainsbourg (the daughter of super-smooth Serge Gainsbourg and über-hottie Jane Birkin). She's also the co-star of Michel Gondry's The Science of Sleep. This is off the album 5:55 (produced by and with music written by AIR, the coolest French band on the planet).

6. Pete and the Pirates - Not A Friend -- I saw these guys when I worked SXSW this past year. They will be the next big thing. I am actually amazed they have no deal in the UK (where they're from). If you are a religious person, I emplore you to include a record deal for P&tP in your prayers at night. This is a free track I got through their MySpace page. So good.

Alright, so that's it for today. This playlist will be there at the available link until next Monday, so get to it if you're interested in the stuff. Enjoy the week!

2 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

a) downloading now. thanks!
b) plaid saturdays... ummmm... awesome.
c) charlotte is gorgeous. how did i not know she sings?
d) will toss up a prayer for pete & the pirates. and i'm super excited to get acquainted with all of them.

Anton Seim said...

WOW, cool! You sweet, sweet man you!