Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The First of the Gang to Die

I'm maybe the last person I know to have caught Juno in cinemas this year.  I'll have to blame that old pal of mine, Limited Release, for that one because now that I've seen it I'm going to go along with that popular opinion.  I thought it was really good.  Very quick, very dry, very smart.  And for a first shot at writing a feature film, Diablo Cody (damn the stripperness of that name) did a bang up job.  Granted there were some things that I really had to sit back and let go while watching.  Like some of the High School kids' dialogue.  The little catch words they used, the phrases.  It just felt like everyone was trying too hard to get it right.  Then again, I haven't been in High School for some time now, so I suppose I don't have much room to really nitpick.  Ellen Page is a cutie, though does any other guy out there feel a little uncomfortable with the fact that she's about 4 ft. tall?  Again nitpicking, because I'm over 6' tall.  I must say also, that she really outdid herself here, and I think she might finally be able to step out of the shadow that was cast so dark over her from X-Men: The Last Stand (insert sarcastic smirk here).  Also that creepy movie about her and statutory rape.  Jeez.

Which brings me to my next little topic here.  Has anyone caught the trailer for that film, Teeth?  I don't think I want to see that one at all, ever.  

Anyways, not many things hit me with enough gravitas to inspire an immediate blog post, well things come to me, but I forget them after about 5 minutes of driving the car they come to me in.  Tape recorders for the brain, we need to get to work on that.  I think I'd get a lot more finished if they weren't completely fictional. 

Enough of this nonsense.  I liked the movie.


2 comments:

Anton Seim said...

I'd be interested to hear the story of how you came to choose this title...

Martha Elaine Belden said...

glad you liked it.
i loved it.

and teeth... holy shit. who the hell came up with that??