Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Black Cab Sessions

Damn these guys have a good idea. I've checked their site out a few times. They've got some good artists and interesting takes on some songs you know and love. The St. Vincent take on "Dig A Pony" is gorgeous. And The Tripwire has pointed out that Austin's beloved Spoon have recently filmed a take on their sublime, "I Summon You."

I've always gotten a weird vibe from front man Britt Daniel, I've seen him around clubs in town a lot and he's always seemed like one of the creepiest people, chilling out in the shadows of bars, smoking a cigarette, dressed in black and watching crowds of people. I said hi to him once and he sort of curled his upper lip as if some odious stench were singeing his nose hairs. But you have to hand it to him this... he writes some catchy tunes. Really catchy. Almost too catchy. He's like a modern day Buddy Holly.

Anywho, here's the Black Cab Sessions: Chapter 31: Spoon

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

ummm... i think this is my new favorite web site... second to yours, of course ;)

i heart spoon, and "i summon you" is one of my all-time favorites. i can't tell you how many mixes i've put that song on... i've even had friends comment on the fact. but it's pretty freakin' awesome innit?