Friday, March 21, 2008

Proper Journalism


Finally one of the pieces I did about last week's SXSW has been completed and posted, well it's really the only thing I did on my own. There were a lot of bands to cover, and about three people actually trying to cover them amidst the chaos, me being one of them.

So first off, here's my interview with the coolest band to fly under the radar last year, Alamo Race Track (posted today on The Tripwire). I met them at a Seattle's Best Coffee shop that turned out to be closed on a Saturday (whaa?). Despite that tragic misstep on my part, they were some of the coolest guys and were great about letting me interview them. I want to move to Holland.

On The Steps Of A Closed Coffee Shop with Alamo Race Track

Next, here's some links to what all went down at the Levis/FADER Fort that I worked at ...

Tripwire Acoustic Sessions - This will keep getting updated as the weeks go on, we had a boatload of artists come in and record stripped down versions of their best tracks. It was awesome.
Photo Recap #1 - Some photos taken throughout the days, photos taken by myself, Chip Adams and Erin Chandler.
The Stills @ The Fort - A piece I wrote and photos I took from The Stills' set ... I can't wait for their new album this summer.
Langhorne Slim @ The Fort - Another piece on the band, Langhorne Slim, great hippy, folk-rock.
Lou Reed Tribute Gallery - There was a massive tribute to the work of Lou Reed at the Fort this year. I was lucky enough to be front and center to snap pics of the two hour ordeal. This is just a smattering, I am trying to get ahold of the rest of them that I took. I was a foot away from the man himself! Not to mention Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth, people) took a stage dive right ontop of me and my camera (ouch).
Photo Recap of day two - Snapped a few from Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong.
Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong - More info in a piece about them.
Photo Recap of day one - Snapped a few from the Chikita Violenta set.
Chikita Violenta - More info in a piece about them.

So I think that's about it really... there's much more that went on at the Fort than what I've linked to... for more of it check this update page out. It was pretty insane.

The Queen of Shiva wore falsies.

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

awesome interview.

you're good at what you do, friend :)