Thursday, December 18, 2008

dream time

Now I know that hearing, or in this case reading, another person's dreams is oftentimes terribly boring. In fact, there is nothing I hate more than an awful dream story, and really when you think about it, most of them are. I think this is mostly because dreams affect people on personal levels. It means absolutely nothing to me that you formulated some dream about your childhood dog that died when you were in 3rd grade, and about how it flew through your wall while you were drawing a picture of an elephant swinging from Tarzan's leg. To me that just sounds awful.

Okay, THAT dream sounds kinda cool, but you get my meaning.

Anyways, I was looking through a journal today and found a description of a dream I had back on 23 April. I just think it has a pretty good punchline, and it has nothing to do with me personally, it's universally enjoyed. I promise.

Okay.. here it is... try not to be bored.

23 April ::: Where I've Never Written Before (note* I always title my entries, mostly they don't have any particular meaning concerning the entry)

I had a pretty bizarre dream last night. It was raining outside and I was the boom operator for a television news crew. The interview we were conducting was of a donkey that could talk.

At first [the donkey talking] wasn't anything special, nothing more than the regular hee-haw in response to our questions. But as the storm overhead began to get worse and the rain fell harder and the flash of lightning accompanied by that clap of thunder got closer, the donkey actually began answer our questions. The answers were nothing complex, nothing really in the way of formulated sentences, just one to two word answers.

The woman reporter and I began to laugh hysterically and just as she began her second question a bolt of lightning struck the boom mic I was holding. I dropped it immediately, but not before I watched the lightning jump from the mic to my right calf.

I freaked out and the reporter screamed. We looked down at my leg after I collapsed and watched as my muscle began to seize. Then, as she freaked again running to call an ambulance and I lay there in shock from being struck by lightning, the donkey leaned over and looked at my leg. Then he looked back to me and said, "That was by far the strangest thing I've ever seen."

And that was a dream I once had.

2 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

that is quite possibly the coolest dream story i've ever heard.

hands down.
hahahhaha!

Anton Seim said...

I love it when dreams have punch-lines.