Thursday, April 30, 2009

Awesome Interview w/ Awesome Director


Rian Johnson's Brick was probably my favorite film of the past 4 or so years. And after having recently read The Maltese Falcon, revisiting the high school noir has been a tremendous amount of fun.

Johnson's follow-up is the con-man flick The Brothers Bloom, and it looks like 2 hours of joy. The con-man film, when done right, is such good entertainment and the fact that this one's got the cast it does (Brody, Ruffalo, Weisz), the writer/director it does (Johnson) and the locations it does (PRAGUE - fav city in the world, Romania) we're pretty much looking at a recipe for smiles.

If you've been following Johnson's Bloom blog you might be familiar with the troubles he's had with this studio. The good news is, this film is finally coming out, and we're finally going to get to have a good bit of fun in the process.

Today this showed up on the blog, an interview /Film has with Johnson. It's great. I wish I could write/direct films like this. Check it out. [you can download it there as well]

* * *
Also:

~ LOST is destroying my life. I can't think about anything else hardly.
~ I want to put up a huge Music Monday playlist that combines every MM I've wanted to put up for the past two months, in celebration of Anton leaving the continent on a mission.
~ I've decided I hate these ~ things, whatever they're called.
~ Dave Eggers gets a lot of praise and a lot of shit, but I think his prose is dreamy.
~ Why am I still using these ~ ?
~ I want to put up the huge playlist by tomorrow, but I'm too busy hating the latest LOST happening. WHY FARADAY, WHY?

2 comments:

Anton Seim said...

I leave on Tuesday, hurry!

crackers and cheese said...

Haven't seen Brick, but it has Emilie de Ravin in it, and I kinda crush on her. The Brothers Bloom definitely looks fun. I saw previews before my own adventures in Prague, and didn't notice that it was set there - nice.

Despite a deficit of Emilie de Ravin, this season of LOST has been crazy awesome! Faraday is my favorite new to season 4 character, so yeah, I feel you. Though if his plan works, he'll be back? Dunno, his plan doesn't make sense to me, and we still have a season 6, ahhhh!!!! Also, I was pretty proud of myself for calling Faraday's father about 15 minutes into the episode.