Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quinnstorm

I've talked about him a couple times here on my little brog, but my High School friend and old partner in crime Quinn Donahue has a great job. He works for C3 Presents (ACL Fest, Lolla to name a couple), he books bands at Emo's and for the smaller, newer fests that company is building up. He has parlayed that sweet gig into another more journalistic endeavor via Quinnstorm.com, a blog that features an occasional interview with someone you should know about.

Quinn knows what he's talking about. Really, he does. And while his little blog isn't updated near as often as it should be (and what blog really is?), the times when it is, you're definitely going to enjoy the output.

He's just put up a vid from Philly's Dr. Dog, a band that snags a new fan with each play. I've casually shown these guys to about ten people to date now, and each time at about 3 songs of foot-tapping in, they ask, "Who are these guys? They're f***ing awesome."

And that's really the truth. Their latest album, Fate, was top 3 of '09 for me and the back catalogue ain't much less enjoyable.

Check out Quinn's interview with vocal/guitarist for the band, Scott McMicken, probably one of the best interviews I've seen/heard/read in a long time. (I'd post it here, but you really should go to his site and check out the rest of his stuff, I will put up a Dr. Dog track though, for enticements sake, my favorite off of 08's Fate.. "The Ark")



wow, two posts in one day? and both about interviews? i'm on a trip

1 comment:

Jess said...

GREAT post... shout outs to Quinn AND Dr.Dog? WORD.