Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Great Shuffle


Here's a Shuffle of a post...

Ever have one of those days were your ipod just shuffles up the perfect list of songs. It's only happened to me a total of three times, where I get a good helping on songs on a drive without skipping to the next track. It happened to me yesterday, and it put me in such a good mood. I'd like to share the tracklist:

Beirut - In The Mausoluem
TV On The Radio - Staring At the Sun
The Soft Pack - Call It A Day
Bob Dylan - Down The Highway
Paul McCartney - Follow Me
Jennifer Gentle - Quarter To Three
Cut Off Your Hands - Still Fond

The Walkmen - New Country
Letters - Interlude
Nilsson - Down By The Sea
Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man

Spiritualized - All Of My Thoughts

I'd love nothing more than to share this as a playlist for you, but I'm going to right now. You should probably check out all of these artists if you haven't already. Ok, maybe there'll be a playlist at some point.

Also -- I now have a motorcycle.

[See?]

Well, I've had it for a while, about 2 months now. It's a 1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II, and it's really fun. I got it in terrific shape from the Vespa dealership here in town. For a used bike of that year, it looks and performs wonderfully. It's my first motorcycle, and it is just begging for a cross-state trip replete with Springsteen blasting along the way. Let it be known that riding a motorcycle makes me want to cruise around and listen to music even more. Let it also be known that I never do that, because it is incredibly dangerous. But man do I want to.

here's another pic:


Yes, it is dangerous, and yes I know what I'm doing. And yes, it is incredibly fun.

Also also -- this last photo was taken with a new camera I bought for myself. It's my first step up into non-commercial based photography [i.e., coolpix cams]. It's a Nikon D60 that I got on the cheap from a Wolf Camera that was going out of business. Look out graphic world, Kyle's on the ups.

Here's one of the first pics taken with it, of my girlfriend's family's Great Dane, Ferris the Lover:

[Ferr-ocious]

1 comment:

Anton Seim said...

Ewan and Charlie would be SO proud!