Monday, December 10, 2007

Music Monday: The Videos

This week is sort of a mess for me, as it is with others I know... damn Holidays. So, I haven't any songs for you yet this week, buuut I do have a few videos, they're much easier for me to get up here quick. So, with expedited fashion, here's

Music Monday: The Videos


White Rabbits - While We Go Dancing
White Rabbits' Fort Nightly is easily one of my favorite albums of the year. You can read a review I wrote of it here. It's devilish, it's fun, it's got a heavy dosage of drums.


Pete and The Pirates - Come On Feet
I've already expressed much interest in Pete and The Pirates. I want them to come play the States again very badly so you all can see them if you haven't already. Again, there's no news of a record deal here in the States, so video's and illegal stealing of music (or, borrowing) is the only way to get anything (assuming you don't want to pay any sort of import fee). This is a pretty catchy song.



Vampire Weekend - Mansard Roof
As much as you say you don't like to jump on the hip bandwagon, you like to find things out for yourself, you take pride in going against the grain, here is one band you'll listen to the hype for. They're like Paul Simon playing new wave, George Martin producing the bit players from a travelling group of vagabonds, or some other pairing that sounds odd at first, but then when you really think about it, probably could be pretty entertaining. They're another group of young musicians that just get what's going on at the moment. Plus that video has just enough of a Duran Duran via Cape Cod vibe to it to strike the right chords.


I'll try and be back later in the week with a few actual tracks you can download and listen to.. until then, check these artists out. Auf Wiedersehen.

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

great videos and (even more so) great songs.

love the drums in the first one. i really like both songs you've introduced by the pirates and the last one was fun (made me think of this movie i used to love when i was a kid - the moonspinners)

anyway... loved it all.